Well, I didn’t see that coming. But here we are, many communities are in a ‘loose’ lockdown, and ‘non-essential’ businesses are either shuttered temporarily or extremely limited in how they can deliver their services or goods.
So what can we do?
Probably what you’ve already done – try to notify folks what changes are being made. And this communication is important. Maybe you’re pivoting from brick & mortar operations to online sales.
Here are a few ideas that other folks are doing:
- Provide content that will help other people, and continue to communicate your business to them. If appropriate, provide an online ‘tip-jar’ so they can support you.
- Educate – use your phone & a tripod — live stream video – it may be the best tool to grow your business when you’re not at the office.
- Is there a local cause that’s helping folks that you can get behind? Announce it, spread awareness. Tell people what they can do.
- What in your expertise can you be doing? Or what can your clients be doing?
- Go and interview someone.
- Can you help your community or client base? Free rent? Services? Broadcast it!
- Encourage Facebook or YouTube watch parties of you doing something.
I know this is a tough time for you – it’s impacting everyone. And I want to help in whatever way I can. Some folks may need a ‘COVID-19’ banner on their website, linking to a page with news. Maybe you need a simple e-commerce addition to your site. Maybe you just need a fresh set of eyes to take a look and see if there’s any way to improve. If so, I want you to contact me. To the best of my ability and schedule, I’ll do it for free or at a greatly reduced rate while we navigate this.
I’m probably going to post a few articles with tips for dealing with this mess. If you want to be notified of new posts of this nature, fill out the form. No spam, I promise.